Are you a resident of Bangalore who’s curious about the cost of an MRI scan in Bangalore? If so, this article might answer some of your questions.
You’ve surely come across the term MRI at some point in your life. While the term is used frequently, many people still don’t know the meaning of MRI.
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a medical imaging technique that produces high-quality images of the human body. They’re used to diagnose infections, strokes, brain injuries and tumours, developmental problems, dementia, and a host of other issues.
Since it’s used in many hospitals, especially in large cities, we thought of keying in one of India’s most populated cities, Bangalore.
So, this article will delve into the many uses of MRIs, the cost of an MRI scan in Bangalore, and some options to consider.
What Are the Different Types of MRI and How Does It Help Healthcare Providers?
MRIs are commonly used to scan the human body. Several organs can be examined with an MRI, including the spine, spinal cord, brain, blood vessels, lymph nodes, heart, liver, biliary tract, kidneys, spleen, bowel, pancreas, adrenal glands, prostate, and breast tissue.
Here are the most common types of MRI employed by most hospitals:
- Brain imaging: MRI can be used to produce high-resolution images of the brain. They can diagnose a variety of brain disorders such as brain tumours, bleeding, inflammation, damage caused by injuries or strokes, or blood vessel problems.
- Body imaging: MRI can be used to produce high-quality images of the human body. They can diagnose a variety of diseases and conditions, such as cancer and heart disease.
- Cardiac imaging: MRI can be used to produce high-quality images of the heart. They can diagnose a variety of cardiac disorders, such as coronary artery disease, heart failure, and cardiomyopathies.
- Functional MRI (fMRI): fMRI measures the small changes in blood flow associated with brain activity. In addition to examining the functional anatomy of the brain, it’s also used to evaluate stroke effects and detect abnormalities inside the brain.
What Patients Need To Know About Undergoing an MRI
Whether it’s your first MRI or if you’ve had one before, we’ve compiled a list of things you need to know before going in for one.
1. What Is the Cost of an MRI Scan in Bangalore?
As of 2022, the cost of an MRI scan in Bangalore is between Rs. 3000–4000.
It’s important to keep in mind a few things when choosing an MRI scan centre like you would with any other medical service.
- Find out if the centre is accredited to ensure it meets high imaging quality and safety standards.
- Read patient reviews and research the centre’s track record with patient care and assistance.
- As a final consideration, you should ensure the centre accepts your insurance.
AyuHealth’s network of hospitals are a cost-effective and reliable option for MRI scans. Let’s see if they meet the criteria:
- They guarantee the lowest prices, starting at just ?3000.
- Ayu Health centres and Labs are accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH). Certification from NABH confers official recognition, authorization, and credit to NABH testing laboratories in India.
- You will have a dedicated ‘ayumitra’ throughout your hospital stay, as well as 24/7 support from a medical officer.
- You can choose from more than 100 diagnostic centres, including Marathahalli, Nandini Layout, Pulikeshi Nagar, and more.
- You receive help with insurance paperwork.
- Free follow-up appointment.
- After your MRI scan, you will receive a complimentary doctor consultation online or offline.
- You get friendly assistance at every step.
- Their centres are 100% COVID-safe.
- Their operations are supported by more than 80 top radiologists.
- They use the latest 1.5 Tesla MRI scanners at their certified labs.
2. How Do You Prepare for an MRI?
Here’s how you prepare for an MRI:
- Eat normally.
- Continue to take your usual medications unless otherwise directed.
- If you have kidney or liver problems, have undergone any surgery, suffer from asthma, or are pregnant, let your doctor know.
- Typically, you will be asked to change into a gown and remove items that might interfere with the magnetic imaging, such as jewellery, wigs, hairpins, eyeglasses, hearing aid, dentures, watches, underwire bras, etc.
3. What Happens During an MRI Test?
Once the patient is ready for an MRI, here’s what happens:
- Straps and bolsters are used to maintain the patient’s position on the moveable exam table.
- Technicians will perform the examination using a computer from the other room.
- If a contrast material (used to enhance the quality of the image) is needed, it will be injected into the IV after a series of initial scans.
- A typical MRI examination lasts between 30–50 minutes and involves multiple runs.
4. Is an MRI Scan Free of Side Effects?
Yes, an MRI scan is mostly free of side effects. The average person faces almost no risk from an MRI scan when appropriate safety guidelines are followed.
The use of contrast material in your MRI can, however, cause a very small risk of allergic reaction. That’s why you need to approach an accredited diagnostic centre to feel completely at ease.
5. How Is an MRI Scan Different From a CT Scan?
Here are the differences between an MRI and CT scan:
|Sl. No||MRI||CT Scan|
|1||Uses magnets and radio waves.||Uses X-rays.|
|2||Safer as it does not use radiation.||A small risk due to the use of radiation.|
|3||Not suitable for people with pacemakers and insulin pumps.||CT Scan is cheaper than MRI.|
What You Should Know About the Cost of an MRI Scan in Bangalore
We’d like to emphasize that MRI scans are completely safe. The key factors to look out for when you select a diagnostic centre are cost, safety, and follow-up.
Ayu Health’s diagnostic centres are NABH-accredited and meet all the safety and hygiene standards. Also, our costs for MRI scans have been fixed to make them more affordable for the general public. Visit our website or call us at +91 636-6100-800 today to book an appointment or learn more.
If you need additional resources or would like to speak with a professional, feel free to contact us right away at +91 636-610-0800 or book an appointment on our website. Our expert team is here to assist and support you every step of the way.
Our Hospital Locations
General Surgery Hospitals in Chandigarh | General Surgery Hospitals in Bangalore | General Surgery Hospitals in Jaipur | General Surgery Hospitals in NCR | General Surgery Hospitals in Hyderabad
General Surgery Doctors in Chandigarh | General Surgery Doctors in Bangalore | General Surgery Doctors in Jaipur | General Surgery Doctors in NCR | General Surgery Doctors in Hyderabad
About the Author
Dr. S. Goel
Dr. S. Goel is a renowned Internal Medicine Specialist currently practicing at Ayu Health Hospital, Bangalore. He is a Specialist in Internal Medicine, Diabetes HTN, Paediatric Care, and Family Medicine.