Have you been considering a hair transplant but are afraid that the cost of a hair transplant in India might be too high?
In this blog post, we’re going to take a close look at the hair transplant cost in Delhi in particular and break it down so that you can make an informed decision because you will also want to know whether a hair transplant will last forever.
In addition to looking at the side effects of hair transplant surgery, we’ll discuss whether it’s a worthwhile investment overall.
What Is a Hair Transplant?
When it comes to hair, a lot of people want to know what they can do to restore it. Fortunately, there is a solution — a hair transplant.
A hair transplant is a surgical procedure that restores lost or thinning hair on the scalp. It’s usually done in cases of male pattern baldness, but it can also be used for other types of hair loss.
- The donor site for a hair transplant is usually the back of the head. This means that you don’t have to worry about any pain or discomfort during the procedure.
- In fact, most patients report feeling nothing more than a mild sensation from the local anaesthetics that are used during surgery.
- The surgery itself takes just one hour, and you can go home the same day — there’s no need for an overnight stay.
- After surgery, you may experience some mild discomfort due to the loss of blood and swelling at the donor site. However, this should last only for a few days and should not prevent you from returning to work or regular activities as usual.
Most patients report seeing noticeable results within six months after their first session and typically see further improvements over time as new hairs grow in at the transplanted sites.
As long as you follow your doctor’s instructions carefully, your hair transplant will provide long-lasting results.
How Much Does a Hair Transplant Cost in India?
So you’re considering a hair transplant in India? Great decision! A hair transplant in India can cost anywhere between $600 (~INR 49,600) and $1,200 (~INR 1 lakh), but the average cost is around $1,000 (~INR 82,700).
Furthermore, the costs of a hair transplant also depend on various factors such as the type of surgery being done, the doctor performing it, your age, etc.
Hair transplants are classified into two main types:
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Follicular Unit Transplant (FUT)
Regardless of the price range you’re looking at, a hair transplant in India is a popular treatment option for baldness and hair loss. Not only is it affordable, but many people find that it works very well for them.
The cost of a hair transplant in India can vary depending on the type of procedure, the number of grafts, and the experience of the surgeon.
- According to ClinicSpots, the cost of a hair transplant in Delhi typically falls in the range of USD 341 (~INR 20,000) to USD 3,621 (~INR 3 Lakh).
- Robotic hair transplant in Delhi costs between INR 65 – 100 per graft.
- A PRP hair treatment in Delhi can cost anywhere between INR 5,000 – 20,000. Note that this is more of a hair loss treatment than a hair transplant technique.
What Are the Side Effects of Hair Transplants?
Hair transplants, while a popular solution to hair loss, come with possible side effects. Many people who have undergone hair transplants report that they have experienced no side effects. However, this cannot be said for everyone.
Knowing the risks associated with hair transplants is critical in making an informed decision about where you get yours.
The most common side effects of hair transplants are as follows:
- Infection: This can occur due to improper surgical technique or a lack of antibiotics during and after surgery. In some cases, the infection can spread to other parts of the body.
- Scarring: This can occur due to either inherent properties of hair follicles or from improper surgical techniques. As with infection, scars may spread and even lead to complications down the line.
- Shock loss: A temporary loss of existing hair and redness and discolouration of the scalp. In rare cases, scarring and permanent hair loss can occur.
- Poor hair growth or loss of transplanted hair: This can be either temporary or permanent, depending on the procedure.
Will Hair Transplant Last Forever?
Hair transplant procedures use grafts taken from areas of the head that are genetically programmed to grow. For this reason, the implants retain their characteristics and continue to grow after being implanted into balding scalp areas.
The right surgeon and proper aftercare can make a hair transplant last a lifetime. But beware that the effect depends on the individual, and one cannot expect the transplanted hair to be as good as one’s natural hair.
How To Get the Most Out of the Cost of a Hair Transplant in India?
At AyuHealth, we understand that a hair transplant is a big decision, and we are here to guide you in the right direction. Our guaranteed lowest price starts at INR 45,000.
Here is a snapshot of the Ayu Health advantage:
- A 100% guarantee of results with natural hair line
- Packages that include unlimited hair grafts
- A hygienic, sanitised and safe environment with access to our team of certified cosmetic and skin care professionals
- The number of happy patients in a year exceeds 1,000
- Unlimited grafts @ INR 90,000
To learn how you can avail the services of a dedicated care team at affordable prices with easy payment options, including interest-free EMIs, with insurance support for government schemes like Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS) and Ayushman Bharat, visit our website.
Our Hospital Locations
About the Author
Dr. Rachana Shilpakar
Dr. Rachana Shilpakar is a dermatologist with over 12 years of experience in the field. She has experience in clinical & aesthetic dermatology & she is well versed with all procedures & lasers. She is specialized surgeon in Dermatology