Our body’s immune system is the first line of defence against infections caused by microorganisms such as fungi, bacteria, parasites, and viruses. This system is made up of different cells, proteins, tissues, and organs. It produces antibodies to kill invading pathogens and keep our body healthy. That’s why doctors and experts have always emphasised maintaining a healthy immune system.
As a parent, you want your child to be healthy and happy. One way to help your child stay healthy is by boosting their immune system. By incorporating immune-boosting foods into your child’s diet, you can help strengthen their immune system and protect them from illnesses.
Here are seven immunity-boosting foods that every parent should know about:
- Citrus Fruits: Citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, and grapefruits are packed with vitamin C, which is known to boost the immune system. These fruits are also high in antioxidants that help fight off harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Yoghourt: Yogurt is a great source of probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that help boost the immune system. Probiotics also help maintain a healthy gut, which is important for overall health.
- Almonds: Almonds are a good source of vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that helps protect the body from harmful bacteria and viruses. Almonds are also high in protein and healthy fats, which help keep kids full and satisfied.
- Leafy Greens: Leafy greens like spinach and kale are packed with vitamins and minerals that help boost the immune system. They are also rich in antioxidants that help protect the body from harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Berries: Berries like strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries are high in antioxidants that help boost the immune system. They are also rich in vitamin C, which helps protect the body from harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Garlic: Garlic is known for its immune-boosting properties. It contains a compound called allicin, which has been shown to help fight off harmful bacteria and viruses.
- Sweet Potatoes: Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is important for a healthy immune system and helps protect the body from harmful bacteria and viruses.
Incorporating these foods into your child’s diet can help boost their immune system and protect them from illnesses. It’s important to remember that a healthy diet, regular exercise, and good sleep are all important for overall health and immunity.
As a parent, it’s important to set a good example for your child by eating a healthy diet yourself. By making healthy eating a family affair, you can help ensure that your child develops healthy eating habits that will last a lifetime.
Adding immune system-boosting foods to your child’s daily diet can help prevent many health problems. However, if your child gets sick frequently despite a healthy diet, it’s important to consult a doctor.
To boost your immune system and protect against infections, consider adding these Indian immunity-boosting foods to your shopping list. These fruits and vegetables are commonly available at local markets, so there’s no excuse not to try them!
Also, a blood test can determine the health of your child’s immune system by measuring infection-fighting proteins (immunoglobulins) and blood cells. It can also assess whether the immune system is responding properly to viruses or bacteria.
In case your kid often falls ill then it is advisable to consult a doctor. Our team of experts at Ayu Health is always there to provide appropriate medical treatments, including medications, to improve your quality of life.